Sunday, July 10, 2011

Peace and Confidence= a yummy breakfast

"Taste this peace. It'll make you weak in the knees." - Trevor Hall

In my last post I commented on how I have been doing yoga religiously lately. I was talking about how that definitely helps me to start each day fresh, unaffected by any troubles that may have happened the day before. I don't take this lightly.  I am the type of person that has a hard time letting things go. Things tend to invade my mind and not go away. It affects me greatly especially with my anxiety issues.

I have gone through a bit of a rough patch in the past couple months. I realized lately that it was important to take care of myself... body, mind, and soul. I had gotten to a place where I generally liked myself and was happy with my decisions. Although, thoughts of the past were still gnawing at me and creating anxiety whenever my mind would rest on them (which was quite often due to my inability to let it go). So when I was first going through this period I decided to start going on hour long walks with my sister. It was helping me feel physically healthy. I began to start eating healthy foods, not junk-filled crap, things with actual nutritional value. I got up every morning and put some breakfast in my body.  It was part of step one. I didn't know it though.

So about a month ago I decided I really like this feeling of working on myself. My next decision was to add in some yoga. I started with the intermediate workout because I had done some yoga before this. As of a couple weeks ago, I have worked up to the advanced yoga workout. I get up every morning, eat some breakfast, and start my yoga workout. After that I always go on a half hour jog/walk with my music blaring. As of late I have been only listening to Trevor Hall. He is one of my very favorite artists. His voice is probably one of the most calming voices I have ever heard. He brings such joy of life to his music. When I am listening to him I am full of happiness.



Let me tell you, I feel changed lately. I feel so excellent about myself and life in general. I have always been able to get myself out of the darkest of holes with my strong mind and a some prayer.

 I always tell the guy friends that tend to slip away and come back and want to protect me...They want me to not make mistakes... I always tell them that I don't need to be taken care of... I have never and will never NEED another person. I may want them in my life because I care for them so deeply such as friends, a boyfriend, or my family. But never will I need someone. I take pride in the fact that I am not dependent on others to get through. Although I must say friends throughout my life have always been an amazing help! They have always been there to listen when I needed to talk it through. The friends I have are ones I can always count on that is for sure. I cannot imagine my life without certain friends that have been there through the darkest of moments that I have had.

Lately, mixing my faith in God and my yoga practices I have never been so at peace with life and its ups and downs. I accept what has happened. I don't regret. Never regret. The things that have affected you make you who you are and that is something to accept, I think. I am not dwelling. I may think about it randomly. But in those moments... I just let the moment have its time and then I move on. There is no reason for those things to have an effect on the happiness I feel now.  I have realized this is my life to live. I am in charge of my outlook.

Simply, there are things in this life that we cannot control. It is how we handle them that shows us our character. There is no reason to question whether or not we are a good person or not. Every single one of us has our flaws. We may as well accept them and be aware of them. That is the best that anyone can do.  I have recently had such moments of clarity. I realize that no matter that I don't have a job or money. I do have a family and friends whom I love. I have my writing to focus on. I can let my dreams flow because how can we get anywhere with out those silly dreams?!

I just feel like there is just so much to be thankful for. I have re-realized my passions. I have a passion for social justice and people and animals and words and on and on. Why not live everyday for those things you love? There may be things  during the day that make it not so pleasant. But lately, I have learned to accept it and move on to something else.

I have learned how much I LOVE who I am. I love my quirks. I love how nerdy and weird I can be. I love my passionate nature.

Through yoga and working out and listening to music, I have become so content. I am moving from moment to moment, letting life wash over me like a wave. It is a crazy ride but it sure can be exhilarating and fun. You just got to go with the flow. Let's not try to plan it all. Let's not try to figure it all out. Just experience it.

. I am definitely open to what life may bring me. I have come to a place where I just do not want to figure it out. It will be "figured out" in the right amount of time. There is nothing about life that needs to be rushed.

Yoga has definitely done wonders for my life with the help of various other little things. I recommend it to anyone with anxiety for sure. Listen to some Trevor Hall today. Go for a walk. Enjoy the calm quiet of that time when you are falling asleep.

P.S. One thing I have discovered is the short amount of time it takes me to bounce back. I am just so happy. I feel as strong as an Amazon.

Love the life you live and live the life you love. :)

Peace and Blessings


No comments:

Post a Comment