Friday, July 8, 2011

Reality

I have been wanting to post about this all week. Then something else comes up and it gets forgotten.

I am back living in Hometown. I wake up at 11, as usual. I dawdle around. My boyfriend and I make lunch. We get ready for work. Then we spiral into another argument because I asked if he was going to be coming home after work or go out with his friend, Brian. I talk, he walks away. I am too controlling. Why would I need to know something like that? Because..."It's not like we're married."

Annnnd.... I wake up.

 Yes, this was a dream. NO I absolutely do NOT live in Hometown anymore. But I awoke in a very angry state. That feeling decided to linger as my morning progressed, and then as I moved into the afternoon. That got me thinking. How does one shake those dreams that seem like reality? I know it always seems so easy to tell oneself that it was just a dream. But when those dreams so very real that when you awake it is as if it really happened, it is quite hard to shake I have found.

The dream that I described was in fact one that I had a few weeks ago. The stumper to this was that it was actually a fight that we had had at one point towards the end of our relationship. So it was like I was reliving it and waking up in the middle of a messy relationship again. I hope you can see why that would be rather upsetting.

Although, I have taken up an activity that I once enjoyed frequently again. I now do yoga everyday after I eat breakfast. I have to say it is probably the best thing anyone could do to start their day... or, if I think about it, to end their day. It really helps me forget about the negative opinions and happenings around me and just start fresh each day. I have felt a weight lifted. I am much more chill and at peace with things. I definitely don't think that the anger from that dream would have lasted very long if I had done yoga that morning.

I was just curious does anyone else's moods get affected by any dreams you have?

Peace and blessings all!

1 comment:

  1. yes, my dreams affect my moods a lot of times.

    i hope the yoga is helping! because i think yoga is very relaxing. =]

    xo

    ReplyDelete