Wednesday, July 6, 2011

News Feed, Status Update, New Notification!

Notice me! Notice ME! NOTICE ME!

Get Angry please! Read my words. I hope they hurt you. But I am not directly telling you. So it isn't like I am being mean.

~~~~~~
I was having a conversation with my friend who lives in South Dakota the other day. (I live in Northern Illinois by the way. I am about and hour and a half from Chicago.) We were discussing some away statuses and tweets and Facebook statuses that we had seen recently.

I think it is really humorous how people will passive agressively put their opinions or emotions out there. For example when they are upset about what someone did to them... they say: Some people are so stupid blah blah blah. As if that person isn't going to notice. It is like an extra little job in arguments now. Before there was just texting or letters, so on and so forth. But now with us being the social media generation people will decide to use it to their "advantage," I guess.

I don't really understand why. Does it make one feel a little better about themselves because they don't have to see the reaction and they know it will bother the other person? I am not too sure.

But then there is this other part to it. I was talking to this friend of mine specifically about how a certain ex of mine has tweeted about how he has this new girl he was talking to 3 weeks after our break-up. So I blocked him on Twitter. Then because we were no longer friends on Facebook, he started using his AOL instant messenger statuses to show me that he was "happy" and had a second job... and the car that we were saving for together... and blah blah blah. Then once I deleted him on there. He resorted to writing on his sister's status that he was excited for her to me his new girl. Really?

I don't really get why people have to jab like that in public. I mean it is jabbing right? I really think it is. Out of respect I think there would be less of that. That may just be my opinion.

It is silly to me... when people are fighting or upset about something and they make a status that is kind of hidden under a blanket as to what it means. It is just annoying. Just deal with it with that person. Don't tell everyone in the world you are upset just because you don't want to actually have to have some balls and say it to the person.

I viewed these statuses and notes and things that my ex was doing as ways to get to me to show that he was okay without me...that he was happy and better off. Which is fine because I WAS the one to leave, and I am definitely okay and better off as well. But, the difference is... I am not jumping into another person's arms just to make me feel better and I am not posting my feelings everywhere. Just in my blog. Which.... to that I would say: That is my writing... my writing is me... and I don't want to hold back. It isn't posted on everyone's facebook for the world to see. It is for people that are interested in hearing my thoughts and words.

This conversation was just a funny interesting one to have. We were laughing together thinking how it was just so silly to cause more drama. It really is all it is.. even though the people that do it say they weren't meaning it that way.

OHHH Hahahaha, LOL, LMAO, ROFL. :P

The things some may do for attention.

How about this? Just one little suggestion... really tiny, I promise. Why don't you just let your real interactions and words and such speak about your personality? Why don't you let those actions and words and relationships prove that you are worth it? Let them possibly show how happy you are?

Just a little meaningless....Random Rambling for the day.

Peace and Blessings all!

2 comments:

  1. he is such a doucher. and this post is very interesting and so true. i don't understand why people do that. however, i probably shouldn't say anything, because I'm sure I've done it before.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am sure we all have... part of the human condition kinda huh? lol :P

    ReplyDelete