Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Meaninglessness!

This video had me laughing so hard.. I mean maybe not to the point where I couldn't breathe... but you know...  a decent amount where it made me think I need to share this with people.

I am one of those people that cares way too  much about how people spell words, say words, or which word to use in situations (such as POP or soda... you might understand which one I think is correct there btw). Yes, I understand it really does not affect anyone else in any way. But just like Josh in this video.... I care. It hurts my insides a little.

I will be the first to admit that I am not right about everything. There are definitely different points of view on a lot of subjects. But, when it comes to words.... just, PLEASE... pretty please with a cherry on top or whatever the hell topping is your particular favorite... Could you just please take my word for it on what word is right or what pronunciation is right. It would just mean the world to me. I would smile with the beam of a thousand suns if people would think about words the way I do.

I am know among my friends as the grammar nazi at times. and if you are offended by that.... deal with it... It is a joke. Thanks.

Yes, this is meant to be sarcastic in a way. But really... I am not kidding about the fact that words mean a great deal to me. They are my passion. I love them like they are my itty. bitty. tiny T babies. I find great joy in putting them together, and correctly might I add (spelling and punctuation and all it's glory). I also like to pride my self in my extreme diversity (LOL) in being able to actually give speeches too. I like it when people pronounce words the way they are mean to be pronounced. For example: the word... harassment. pronounced: Ha- rass- ment.... NOT : Hair-ass-ment. NO, THAT IS WRONG.

Don't even get me started on the There, their, they're or your, you're stuff. Oye. Honestly... physical pain it causes me... in my gut... right there.

That's enough lecturing for now, I think.

BTW... the right way to say milk is just as it looks.

Good day all!

No comments:

Post a Comment