Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Lady Balls

I wanted to share this phrase that I have come to love due to my new friend (an ex of my recent ex-boyfriend). She wrote a blog post about their relationship, and I felt as though it applied to me as well. The entire time I was dating and living with my ex (whom we will call  KM because I am going with her post) he treated me badly. He got upset at me making me feel as though I was the one picking fights. I was the one that caused our fights. I was the one that was at fault because I wanted to talk or know what was going on in his life. Every night we would have a fight (almost). Every night he would threaten to make me leave because HE was done with the conversation. He stomped all over me. He took away the confident, ballsy girl I used to portray. I became someone I don't know. I let him yell at me time after time. I let him call me names that no one should be called. I let him do whatever he pleased, gave him whatever he wanted.  I was emotionally and verbally abused by KM. Sometimes I wonder why? But then I realized that like S said, love makes you do crazy things. You don't know what really is going on because you care for person so much.  I never was able to say no way until the day I left. I later spoke to him and he said he was pissed to find out that our relationship was over because he thought either I would go to work and talk about it later or go to my parents and continue on in a long distance relationship. That is how much control he thought he had over me. But I left, and I drew the line.  I got my LADY BALLS back. I am happy to say that I have never felt more comfortable about having balls.

1 comment: